How to Make a CSV File for Importing Data Into Nimbus
Nimbus RMS provides you with the option to import items- data into the application. You can prepare a CSV file and add all your products plus product-related information to the file. Once the file is ready, Go to the Items Definition screen and click the Import button.
Creating a CSV File without Size & Color
1. Open the Exel File
2. From the File Menu, select New>Blank Workbook
3. Add Headings for the three mandatory columns: Item Name; Item Code; Item Retail Price
4. For adding information like suppliers, vendor code, or other attributes, add one column for each field.
5. Now enter the product information in each column
6. Once you have entered the information, from the File menu, select Save As
7. Enter a name for your file in the File name field
8. From Save as type drop-down menu, select CSV(comma delimited)
9. Click Save.
10. Now follow the steps in the article on Importing products from a CSV file into Nimbus
Creating a CSV File with Size & Color
For size and color items, instead of the three mandatory columns mentioned above, there are seven mandatory columns: Item Name, Items Code, Item retail Price, Item size, Item Size Code, Item Color, and item Color Code:
Save the file and import data into Nimbus.