For receiving stock against a particular Purchase Order carry out the following steps:
- From the Supplier drop-down field select the supplier whose purchase order you want to load
- Expand Bill Details section, and In the Due Date field you can enter the date when supplier payment for the particular order is due. Otherwise, the system will default to the current date
- Now click on the More options link
- Now from purchase order drop down field select the order you want to load
Dropdown menu will show all the open purchase orders made against the selected supplier
- The selected purchase order will load in the grid with the order quantity entered in the purchase order
Click Save. The system will enter the Pack Qty of each product in the inventory.
If the quantity received is either more or less than the quantity of the purchase order, you can edit the number in the Pack Qty field.
To check inventory see report D-26 Inventory Snapshot report.
If Partial Stock is Received Against a Purchase Order
If the quantity you receive against a particular PO is less than the quantity mentioned in the PO, you can enter the received quantity in the Pack Qty column and save the PO.
In this case, the status of the PO will remain Open unless you manually close it on the PO records screen.
In case, the received and entered quantity is more than the PO quantity, the status of the PO will change to Close.
Keeping Track of Purchase Order Against Which Stock is Received Multiple Times
It is easy. As mentioned above, the status of the PO against which complete stock is not received will remain open. This means it will keep appearing in the purchase order drop-down menu.
When you select it from the drop-down, it will load in the grid showing the quantity yet to be received.
To check PO history click on the (+) left to the Item name to view the PO history.